Gatt's Blog

Friday, November 11, 2005

Back to the good old interface.. n even more!



Well, that show's the good-old Windows 2000 Style interface running on my Windows XP. Off-late, I've been busy trying out some Live versions of Linux (Ubuntu). I happened to restart my system due to some connectivity problems. Thank goodness, it made me realise how pathetic is the state of my PC. I fetched in a few diagnostic utilities and other few XP tweaks to my system. It so happened that I forced myself to disable the visual styles to boost up the performance of my computer a little. Still I find the boot-up is very slow.. (probably could be due the large list of programs running on my system tray :-D). However it's high time that everyone must realise that there's a vast future for Open Source.. In the above picture, you can see my affinity growing towards Open Source applications.. I've decided to learn some PHP, MySQL and do some research in Python and C under Linux in the near future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home